SADE has been participating in NVL Digital since autumn 2019, a network / project within NVL (Nordiskt nätverk för Vuxnas lärande) Nordiska Miniserråd.
The consortium aims to:
- To identify what the Nordic minister in each country has submitted/suggested/discussed related to work/processes/initiatives on digitalization to be worked on at a Nordic level (if any).
- Describe existing (if any)Nordic vision(s) and strategies on digitalization produced by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Write a paper based on the question How can we enable learning for everyone in a digital society based on democratic and inclusive Nordic values?and the descriptors developed by the working group, and relate it to the possible Nordic visions and strategies.
The Nordic region is a region of knowledge with great potential for the development of human resources. Cooperation in the Nordic countries is based on shared values, a shared culture and history, and not least on a common view on democracy and education. Adult learning is a priority area in Nordic co-operation. Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL) in collaboration with the Nordplus adult sub program is MR-U’s investment in the adult learning policy area.
NVL’s main tasks include promoting development and implementation of lifelong learning and competency development strategies, contributing to personal development and democratic participation, promoting collaboration with the Nordplus adult framework program, and informing structured and strategic experiences and results from Nordic cooperation and creating synergies with international cooperation on adult learning, especially the European one.
The work is organized through a number of networks and working groups, which in addition to having national support also include both civil society and business.
- promote the development and implementation of strategies for lifelong learning and skills development in various areas of adult learning in the Nordic countries
- contribute to the development of the Nordic education systems through a continued strengthened political dialogue with MR-U / ÄK-U and decision-makers, and cooperate with the rotating chairmanship of the Nordic Council of Ministers
- contribute to personal development and democratic participation through various forms of adult learning
- together with Nordplus, promote dialogue and collaboration with the Nordplus adult framework program
- promote collaboration with civil society and business, including adult education
provide structured and strategic information on the experiences and results of Nordic co-operation on adult learning at a Nordic and international level, especially at European. level